Waicliff Cultural Tours is a local Raglan tangata whenua tourism business. Clients (30 maximum and 8 minimum) will be taken on a 1.15 minute cultural experience at Waireinga/Bridal Veil falls. The guided walk is undertaken on a wheelchair and push chair accessible track from the carpark, to the top of the falls, stopping at both viewing platform and back to the carpark. The cultural experience is undertaken at dawn with a light ambiance of light and also to avoid high recreational user’s during the day.
This business is the only Cultural experience in Whaingaroa/ Raglan leading the way for tourism in the Waikato.
Adult: $80.00 +17yrs
Child: $60.00 -16yrs
Family: $250.00 (2x Adult + 2x Child)
7.45pm – 9.15pm (October – April)
The guide will share korero around the following;
- The sharing of Maatauranga Maaori to visitors around the following:
- Kiingitanga – Maaori King
- The Maaori world view of Creation – Ranginui and Paptuanuku
- Traditional stories of Waireinga
- Rongoa Maaori - medicinal plants of Maaori
- Kaitiakitanga – Conservation and restoration of the environment
- Whakawhanaungatanga – inter connection with the environment and humans